Oakley Self Storage Privacy and Security Policy
Effective March 20, 2018
Privacy and Security of Your Information is Very Important to Us: At Oakley Self Storage, we believe it is important to protect the privacy of our customers, as well as the privacy of visitors to our website. We know that you care about how your information is collected, updated, used and shared, and we want to help you make knowledgeable choices about the information you provide to us.
- The Types of Information Oakley Self Storage Collects About You
- How Oakley Self Storage uses your information
- The Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- How You May Receive Tailored Advertising As a Result of Your Use of the Site
- What kind of security measures Oakley Self Storage takes to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure and how Oakley Self Storage will inform you in the event of a security breach
- The manner in which you can have your personal information updated or corrected or restrict Oakley Self Storage’s use of that information
- Other things we think you should know about privacy, information security and Oakley Self Storage.
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may receive and store any information that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of the Site or other sources that would allow us to identify you personally. This information is referred to as Personally Identifiable Information ("PII"). For example, you may provide PII to us when you make a reservation for our storage services, enter into a lease/rental agreement with us, use our site to "move in" to your leased space with us, use automatic bill pay or go online to make a payment on your account, order moving and packing supplies, make a customer service request or inquiry, or apply for a job with us. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your first and last name, postal address, home and/or mobile phone numbers, email address, payment card information, social security number, drivers license number or identification, insurance coverage information, your account number, employment history, information in a job application, such as a resume, and any other information that you choose to provide that would allow us to identify you personally. We might also receive PII about you from third party data sources or marketing partners and we may add this PII to the information that we collect about you.
- Non-Personal Information: From time to time, we may also ask you to provide us with non-personal information, which is data that alone is not intended to allow us to identify you personally, such as just your first name, birthday, zip code, demographic information, or service or product preferences. Oakley Self Storage may aggregate and/or anonymize PII so that it becomes non-personal information that is not intended to be used to personally identify you. We also automatically receive and store certain types of non-personal information whenever you visit the Site through the use of "cookies", which is discussed below.
- Passive Anonymous Information Gathered Electronically: We, and third parties on the Site, may automatically collect certain types of passive, anonymous information whenever you use the Site, such as your Internet Protocol address, your computer's operating system, the name of the domain you used to access the Internet, the website you came from and the website you visit next. This data is used in the aggregate, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that is intended to identify you personally. If we collect this information, it will be done passively through the use of certain electronic technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear GIFs (and similar technologies) as explained below.
Cookies: We and our advertising partners may use "cookies". When you use the Site, the pages you see, along with something called "cookies", may be downloaded to your computer or other device that you use to access the Site. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your device or computer. These cookies do not contain or collect any PII, but may be used to deliver content specific to your interests and for other purposes, such as security and administrative functions. For example, cookies are used to store your preferences for certain types of information so that you do not have to input those preferences every time you use the Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you usually can change your browser to limit or prevent cookies. Cookies in themselves do not personally identify the individual user, but rather the computer or device that is being used to access the Site. You may have the opportunity to set your computer or device to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. Different browsers may address cookies differently. If you set your browser to not accept cookies, it may result in certain personalized services not being provided to you when you use the Site from that computer or device.
Web beacons, Pixels and Clear GIFs: We and our advertising partners may use web beacons, pixels and clear GIFs. These electronic technologies are transparent image files that, if used, allow us and our advertising partners to track website usage information, such as the number of times a given web page has been viewed and whether and when you have opened a HTML email, how many times the email was forwarded and which links in the email were clicked. Unlike cookies, these technologies are not placed on your computer or device. This information helps us to improve our Site and our services and helps our advertising partners by measuring the effectiveness of these communications with you. These technologies may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with our Site or advertisements made by our advertising partners.
How We Use Information About You: We may use your Information for a number of purposes, including:
- to provide you with our storage and other services;
- to respond to customer inquiries and complaints;
- to maintain and collect payment on your account with us;
- to enforce your agreements with us, prevent fraud, address security hazards, and other prohibited or illegal activities, for other legally permissible purposes and generally to ensure that we comply with applicable laws;
- to provide you with marketing and promotional information about products and services we believe are of interest to you;
- to provide you with marketing and promotional information about products and services we believe are of interest to you;
- to provide you with tailored advertising, which is explained in greater detail below;
- to provide a report to our advertisers or business partners that tells them who responded to a particular offer to facilitate the fulfillment of an order that you have made with an advertiser or business partner;
- to customize, personalize, analyze, evaluate, adjust and improve the Site and our services to meet your needs and expectation and those of our business partners;
- to describe our customer audience, products and services;
- to develop partnerships with third parties to offer products or services which we believe will interest our customers;
- to anonymize or aggregate PII for various purposes, such as market or traffic flow analysis and reporting; and
- to process job applications and for recruitment purposes.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties: Oakley Self Storage may give, share, sell or trade your information to third parties under the following circumstances:
Service Providers: We may share your Information, including PII, with third parties or affiliates with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf, such as to collect payment, do something that you have asked us to do, or provide your PII to a delivery service so that they can assist us in fulfilling your request for storage supplies. Third parties that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the PII we provide to them confidential and to use the PII we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform.
Other Third Parties: We do not disclose your PII to unaffiliated third parties who may want to offer you their own products and services unless you have requested or authorized us to do so.
Tailored Advertising: The Site may include third party tracking technologies that are used by Oakley Self Storage or its advertising partners to try to match advertisements to your interests and to deliver these targeted advertisements to you when you are using the Site or using other websites that are not controlled by Oakley Self Storage. We do not share PII with these third parties; however, when you use the Site, we or third parties operating the advertisement serving technology may use non-personal and/or anonymous passive information that is collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels or clear GIFs to ensure that appropriate advertising is presented and to perform analytics concerning your use of the Site and other websites tracked by these third parties. These technologies also may control the number of times you see a given ad, deliver ads that relate to your interests and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. Logged and/or collected data may include IP address, browser identifiers, session information, browser cookies, device make and model, carrier provider, carrier user ID, sites visited, clicks on advertisements, advertisement(s) served, length of time an advertisement was visible, size of the advertisement, and advertisement response (if any).
If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering tailored advertising, please go to http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
If you wish to prevent Oakley Self Storage from delivering tailored advertisements, you may set your browser to not accept cookies. Please note that even if you disable the cookie function on your browser or opt-out of third party tailored advertisements at the above link, you may still receive advertising when using the Site that is not tailored to your interests.
Online Advertising We Use
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Oakley Self Storage across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on a page of the Oakley Self Storage website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. This cookie does NOT in any way identify you or give access to your computer. Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
Oakley Self Storage also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google AdWords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
Children: Children under 13 should not send any PII to Oakley Self Storage. If a child under 13 submits PII through any part of the Site or otherwise provides such PII to Oakley Self Storage, and we learn that the person submitting the PII is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any PII from children under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties.
Our Security Practices: Our internal data security policies restrict access to customers’ PII to authorized employees, agents and subcontractors with a "need to know", and we train such persons on the protection of your PII. These persons may use our customers’ PII for Oakley Self Storage business purposes only. Our employees are bound by our policies to maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ PII. Employees who violate their confidentiality obligations are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
We maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to guard our customers’ PII. For example, for the security of your online visit to OakleySelfStorage.com, we may make use of secure server software (SSL), firewalls, encryption and other authentication procedures to attempt to protect your PII from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. PII is maintained within a Windows NT Server environment that is intended to be secure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or internal security system can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, Oakley Self Storage cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your PII, we may attempt to notify you as necessary by email or other means so you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our Site or providing Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our Site or your account with us. Unless you indicate otherwise, we may notify you using the most current email address you provided to us.
Links to Third Party Sites and Web Sites Containing Oakley Self Storage Branding: The Site may contain links to third party websites. Please be aware, however, that Oakley Self Storage is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy policies of these other websites or their practices. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other websites, as they may differ from ours.
Contact Preferences and Accessing Your PII: You have certain choices when it comes to how Oakley Self Storage uses your PII. You may choose not to receive information about new services and special promotional offers from us by direct mail and/or email. If you elect not to receive such marketing information by direct mail or email, Oakley Self Storage may continue to contact you as necessary to service your account. You can change your contact preferences by emailing us at info@OakleySelfStorage.com or by writing to us at the physical address set forth further below.
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important so we can provide you with excellent service. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please contact Oakley Self Storage customer service.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits customers of Oakley Self Storage who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. At this time, Oakley Self Storage does not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you specifically consent to such disclosure. If Oakley Self Storage changes this policy, it will update this provision and provide instructions on how you may make a request for details concerning such information.
What Else Should I Know About My Privacy? You should be careful to maintain the secrecy of your user id and password and/or account information and be responsible about protecting your PII and identity, both online and off-line. You can refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/ for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
Oakley Self Storage, LP
380 Civic Drive, Suite 200-C, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Trademark Notice: Oakley Self Storage is a registered trademark of Oakley Self Storage in the United States.
Promotions and Offers
Subject to change. Promotions good for new customers only and are subject to specific units and availability. Other restrictions, taxes, fees, and administrative fees apply. See contract for full details. Not available on transfers or additional spaces. Pricing subject to change. Reservation required to guarantee price. Actual unit sizes may vary from approximate size estimate. Please inspect any unit before renting. Online pricing available only for online reservations and rentals.
All rental transactions are final. If you rent a storage unit/space, you are not entitled to a refund for any unused portion of the rental period for which you have paid, including prepaid rent. Customers may rent on a monthly basis. The rental period starts on the day the lease is signed and continues up to the end of month. Rent will not be prorated for move-outs. In the event your account is overcharged due to an error, we will refund your account after being notified of the discrepancy.
For Merchandise Sales we will accept the return of any unopened or unused merchandise item within the first 60 days of purchase. A receipt is required to return the merchandise
This site is provided by Oakley Self Storage on an "as is" basis. Oakley Self Storage makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. Oakley Self Storage disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Oakley Self Storage will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Oakley Self Storage, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of your use of the website and services, including but not limited to out of your violation of any representation or warranty contained in these terms and conditions.