Decorating Tips and Tricks for Your Oakley, CA Home
If you’re like many Americans, it can be easy to get lost in sites like Pinterest or Instagram, scrolling through all the beautiful home interiors. And as we continue to spend more time at home, you may find yourself looking around your home and wanting a bit of an upgrade. If you find yourself fighting the green monster of jealousy, you should know that creating the space of your dreams is easier than you think! Spruce up your home and create more space with the decorating tips and tricks below.
Interior Design Tips for 2021
- Settle on a color scheme. A fresh coat of paint can transform almost any room. You can pull together every room in your home by picking a color scheme of five or fewer colors to use throughout your home. Find a color that makes you feel good, and then select a few secondary and accent colors to go with it. If you’re unsure where to start, take a visit to your local home improvement store and look for paint swatches — they’ll often pair colors that go together.
- Don’t forget the ceiling. While you’re freshening up a room with new paint, don’t neglect the ceiling. You can make a room feel bigger by choosing a lighter color, or make it more contemporary with a bold color.
- Add some mirrors. When you add mirrors to a space, you get two benefits: they can create an aesthetically pleasing element and they make the space feel bigger than it is. There are many different styles to choose from, so there will always be something to match the specific look you want.
- Find the right amount of light. The brightness of a room can elevate it to a whole other level. Layering your lighting with natural, ambient and task-related lighting helps to not only create function for every time of day, but to also create depth and atmosphere to a room. You’ll also want to think about the light bulb color: soft white, cool white or daylight. Warmer tones are great for rooms like bedrooms, living rooms and dining rooms as they create a sense of coziness. Cooler tones, on the other hand work well in kitchens, bathrooms and home offices.
- Put up a good piece of wall art. Look for a piece of wall art that pairs well with your aesthetic, whether it be contemporary, traditional or even eclectic. But sometimes less is more, so don’t overdo it by cluttering your walls with too many things. Try to keep it to one or two pieces of art per room. Be sure to hang it correctly as well — a poorly hung painting can make a room feel “off” or cluttered.
- Add some wall shelves that match the look you want. A couple of appropriate placed wall shelves can help you pull your whole look together. They also offer the perfect place for some additional storage so you can create more space in your home!
- Lift and lengthen your curtains. Curtains can make a room feel grand or smaller than it actually is. If you want your room to feel bigger, opt for longer curtains and raise them up closer to the ceiling.
Create More Space in Your Home with Oakley Self Storage
As you start to redesign your home, you may find yourself wanting to create more space so it has the exact look and feel you desire. If you need to clear out the clutter but don’t want to get rid of your belongings, Oakley Self Storage can help! We help you find the right size storage unit for your items, provide you with state-of-the-art property features and make it easy for you to stay organized with our account management tool. Whether you live in Oakley, Knightsen, Sand Hill, Bridgehead, Arbor, Bixler, Bethel Island, Antioch, Clayton or Pittsburg, we’re here to lend a hand.
See how easy it can be to have your dream space. Start by reserving your storage unit today!