Hiring Movers and Packers
If you are moving soon, you are likely trying to decide between doing a DIY move and using professional movers. There are many different benefits to both options, and really it just depends on your situation and preference. In order to help weigh out the pros and cons of both options, we created a list of both the perks of doing a DIY move and using professional movers. Check it out below.
The Perks of DIY Moving
- More control: When you do a DIY move, you have more control over the entire process. For example, your items will be packed the way you want them to be packed, and they will be moved on the day and time you want them to be moved.
- Avoid moving scams: While moving scams are extremely rare, they are not unheard of. The best way to avoid a moving scam is to ask for moving company recommendations from friends and family members. If you would rather just play it safe, a DIY move may be the right choice for you.
- Lower cost: Moving can very quickly add up. Between the cost of renting the moving truck, the deposit on the apartment or down payment on the house, you may be looking to cut corners to save money. If you choose to do a DIY move, consider asking for help from friends or family members.
The Perks of Hiring Professional Movers
- Expert advice: If you haven’t moved very many times, you may benefit from the expert advice movers can provide. A professional moving company knows how to pack particular items so they do not break and other tips and tricks that can help your move go smoother.
- Reduced chance of damage or injury: Professional movers complete moves multiple times a week. If you’re concerned about an item being damaged or injury occurring, you may benefit from hiring professional movers.
- Less stress: Let’s be honest here, moving yourself is stressful. When you hire professional movers, an entire team of qualified people are guaranteed to show up that day and help you with your move. When you do a DIY move, you are ultimately taking the move on by yourself.
Oakley Self Storage has a Storage Facility in Oakley, CA!
It is no mystery that moving can be very stressful. Between packing up all of the items in your home or apartment, loading them onto a truck and transporting them to a new location, the entire process can be very draining and intimidating. One thing that makes moving a little easier is renting a storage unit. With a storage unit rental, you are able to move at your own pace. For example, if you know you will not need the holiday decorations, box of books and heavy sweaters, consider moving them to the storage unit ahead of time. This way, on your moving day you will have not have to worry about moving as many items. Oakley
Self Storage has a storage facility in Oakley, CA with both traditional and temperature controlled storage units available for rent. Our storage facilities offer convenient storage features, including computerized gate entry, moving supplies sold onsite and personalized mailboxes. Reserve a storage unit with Oakley Self Storage today!