5 Moving Day Tips and Tricks for a Smoother Move
Is your moving day approaching quicker than you expected? We’ve all been there! Even the most organized moving day is usually both stressful and exhausting. But, there are a few key moving day tips that can help your move go as smoothly as possible.
Must-Follow Moving Day Tips
- Tip #1: Wake up before movers arrive
- Tip #2: Dress for the day
- Tip #3: Hire a sitter
- Tip #4: Know your floor plan ahead of time
- Tip #5: Provide snacks and beverages to your movers
Are you interested in learning more? Read below!
Have a Stress-Free Moving Day Using These Tips to Make Moving Easier!
- Wake up before movers arrive: The morning of your move, start your day as early as possible. If your movers are arriving at 10:00 am, try and wake up around 7:00 am to pack last minute items. Waking up early ahead of your move will not only help you to get more done, it will also allow you to foresee any potential problems that may arise.
- Dress for the day: Even if you hired movers, it is still important to dress for the move. In order to get the move done as quickly as possible, you may need to help out with loading a few boxes into the moving truck or lifting a few larger items. On your moving day, always wear closed-toe shoes and comfy clothes.
- Hire a sitter: While your kids may be just as excited as you are to move into the new home, that doesn’t mean they have to be around for it. Hire a sitter the day of your move for both your kids and pets. Getting your kids and pets out of the house will allow you to focus more on the move and prevent any accidental injuries from happening.
- Know your floorplan ahead of time: Take advantage of the extra help and draw up a floorplan ahead of your move. Do you want the heavy armoire in your bedroom up against the left wall? Mark it on the floor plan. This tip will not only prevent you from having to shuffle items around after the movers leave, it will also make it easier on the movers.
- Provide snacks and beverages to your movers: On top of the customary tip for movers, provide snacks and beverages for your help. Even though professional movers are used to the physical stress of moving, it can still take a toll on the body. Ordering pizza and providing waters can go a long way to keep both moral and energy up.
Renovating Your New Home? Use a Storage Unit Rental!
When moving into a new home, you likely want to take the time to make the space your own. Maybe this involves renovating the downstairs office to turn it into another bedroom, or updating the carpet to hardwood floors. But, renovating your home can be difficult when your furniture and belongings are packed inside. If you plan on renovating certain rooms or areas in the house, consider a storage unit rental to keep items out of the way and in a secure location.
Are you looking for a self storage unit near you in Oakley, CA? Consider renting a traditional or climate controlled storage unit with Oakley Self Storage! With convenient storage unit sizes including the 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 storage unit, we are sure to have an ideal storage unit option for you. Make space for new renovations and reserve a storage unit with Oakley Self Storage today!